Top Accessories for your PS5/Xbox Series X
The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X have been many gamers’ main topic of conversation in 2020, and pre-orders for the consoles went live recently. Even though pre-ordering was a bit of a mess for both, it is arguable that these consoles are a major upgrade in the console gaming world, and almost all current-gen users are planning to upgrade. The PlayStation 5 will be available on November 12, 2020, and the Xbox Series X will be available on November 10, 2020. The highly-anticipated next-gen consoles are almost here; are you prepared for the upgrade? Let’s talk about all the accessories you’ll need to complete your next-gen gaming experience.
A headset is a vital accessory for any gaming build. With the next-gen consoles promising you the best 3D audio experience yet, you need to be equipped with the proper headset to reap the maximum benefit of the audio experience. PS5 has its own line of accessories dedicated to the console, which includes a headset. The Pulse 3D wireless headset by PlayStation is the best headset you can get for your PS5, as it promises to deliver the true 3D audio experience that the console features, and it also matches the overall setup with its white and black color accents. Xbox users will have to get a third-party headset, as Xbox isn’t selling an official one, at least for now. Here are some top headsets you can get for the Series X and some affordable alternatives to the Pulse 3D wireless headset:
- SteelSeries Arctis 1
- HyperX Cloud Stinger
- Creative Sound BlasterX H6
Even though the next-gen consoles’ specs look juicy, storage capacity is a disappointment, as current games require tremendous amounts of GBs to install. However, you can upgrade the consoles’ storage by using official expansion options or even regular external storage options. Microsoft features storage expansion cards that cost around $200, and PS5 M2 SSDs aren’t any cheaper. However, you can still opt for third-party regular external/portable storage devices on both consoles. Here are some cheaper alternatives so you can save a few bucks:
- Seagate Game Drive (Separate versions for Xbox and PlayStation)
- SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD
- WD My Passport Ultra USB-C
- Kokovolta USB 3.0 Hub: With all the accessories and other devices you have to plug into your console, you’ll probably need a few more easy-to-access USB ports, and the Kokovolta USB Hub has got you covered. It is fast, convenient, and good-looking with its RGB lighting. It’s very affordable, too.
- PlayStation 5 HD Camera: Streaming is today’s trend and many people’s passion. This official camera by PS will help you seamlessly stream yourself and your gameplay. If you’re an Xbox user or looking for a cheaper alternative, don’t worry; plenty of other brands offer great, more affordable cams, like Logitech.
- Charging station/dock: Charging stations allow you to charge your controllers more conveniently, relieving you of the burden of having to charge them separately. You definitely should get the official DualSense Charging Station if you are a PS5 owner, or get a more affordable alternative like the PowerA dock. Xbox users are once again left with third-party alternatives.